Saturday, May 13, 2006

Where I am from

I am from overflowing shelves of books, the Internet and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

I am from a garden with a wild patch where I like to sit by and watch insects and other critters.

I am from a redwood in the park near where I live, from watching bats fly by my house, from seeing tadpoles swimming about, from watching frogs spawning at Drum and from watching frogs dart under if you get too close at Findhorn.

I am from a remembered Christmas family gathering on an old carpet and camping holidays in the Lake District with midges all around,

I am from being coerced by a small puppet called Freddie to stick to the usual beliefs, to scrapping usual religion and becoming a Buddhist/Pagan.

I am from the village with swans on the dam, and the Grant and Campbell clans,
Sphagetti Bolognese, Lasagna and banana split.

From the boy who was bullied in the school toilets, betrayed by one friend and supported by another, who was then freed from the fascist dictatorship of school by home education.

I am from photo albums in a wooden box in the hall, photos of us as babies, other children we met and my sister eating daisies.

I am from the river that I wade in to get pottery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home